Find themselves in Junior School
Junior School at Redlands is from Prep to Year 5 and is a consolidation of core learning skills in readiness for higher learning and personal growth. Junior School class sizes are capped at 28 students. Students in Prep-Year 3 are provided with a College iPad, with students in Years 4 & 5 required to purchase an iPad for their studies. Subjects studied in Junior School include English with a focus on reading programs, IT, Science & Technology, Mathematics, Library, Visual Arts, Humanities, Spanish, Music and Social Science. In addition, students take two PE lessons a week and intensive swimming lessons in Terms 1 and 4. All Junior students attend excursions and in Years 4 and 5 they attend camps.
We have built a supportive, flexible, caring environment
The Redlands College Junior School seeks to provide a solid foundation for each child. We aim to provide each student with a Christ-centred, caring learning environment in which children are encouraged to explore the world and its many facets, within the context of the Christian faith.
- Christ centred caring learning environment
- Strong tradition of academic excellence
- Enrichment programs
- Circle solutions for social and emotional wellbeing
- Dedicated Junior School Chaplain who assists with devotions, assembly and individual support
Specialist teachers work in purpose built facilities
The staff of highly qualified and experienced teachers plan and implement the school program, which focuses on developing Literacy and Numeracy, promoting critical and creative thinking whilst effectively meeting the requirements of the curriculum. Humanities and Social Sciences, as well as Science allow the children to investigate the world around them, stimulating them to ask why, how and what.
Each year level also enjoys lessons with specialist teachers in Spanish, Music, Physical Education, Visual Arts and the Library.
- Comfortable, air conditioned and carpeted classrooms
- Interactive whiteboards and ‘wet area’ in every room
- Multi-purpose hall (sports court, specialist music and performing arts)
- Junior oval
- Adventure playground
- Undercover outdoor area
- Visual arts room
Key information for parents
- Supportive, flexible, caring environment
- Partnerships with parents
- Small group and whole class teaching
- Purposeful, relevant and age appropriate contexts for learning
- Experienced, enthusiastic, highly qualified staff
- Structured environment with routines and transitions