The Outsiders Play Advocates (TOPA) is dedicated to providing a community based and playwork inspired OSHC option for schools who need to, or wish to, outsource the running of their Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) program. We aim to reduce the gap or disconnect between privately owned OSHC’s and school communities so that a more open, communicative and supportive environment is created, an environment where children can thrive through their early school years. At the same time, we hope to give children the greatest and widest opportunities for play that we can afford. TOPA, as it would suggest in our name, value play, and focus on providing endless opportunities for children in our care. We see our role as to provide a space where children can explore, find safety, create, challenge themselves, grow, learn, overcome frustration, develop resilience through intrinsically motivated, personally directed and free chosen play. TOPA will provide highly trained and knowledgeable staff to help support children in the creation of a space that is for them, and therefore can act as a second home. TOPA will provide an OSHC service that is inspired, at its core, by play, community and the values they promote.
Meet the Team
Angus Gorrie | Todd Ada | Lucy Ada | Isaih Tueta | Emma Massey
Jackson Marks (Service Manager) | Tanzia Erkkila (Programs Manager) | Riley Coker | Kiel Rea | Amelia Valentine | Grace Camacho | Claire Lopez | Ross McCann | Georgia Coker
Pricing and Times of Operation
- Before School Care $23 – 6:30am-8:30am
- After School Care $32 – 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Vacation Care $77 – 6:30am-6:00pm
Please find below a link to enrol your children for Outsiders OSHC – Redlands College.
- Outsiders OSHC engages in a range of activities. However, the primary form of activity that we promote is Loose Parts Play.
- We require an individual booking form for each child (however, every year after the first enrolment this information will only need to be confirmed not re-entered).
- All medical plans (Asthma, Anaphylaxis etc) must be uploaded with the enrolment form, so please have it ready.
- We recommend downloading the OWNA App and familiarising yourself with it, as it will be useful for managing bookings, receiving learning stories and so forth.