The College provides iPads for students in Prep through Year 4.
All students in Years 5 to 9 will require an iPad as their core Information Communication Technology (ICT) to support learning at school and home. The iPad’s compact design, long battery life, accessibility, ease of use and functionality make it an ideal tool to facilitate learning in an information-rich environment.
Students in Years 10 to 12 have the option to bring their own device (see requirements below).
Subjects with specialist ICT requirements also have access to technologies designed to address specific learning requirements.
BYOD Minimum device specifications (10 – 12)
- Physical Size: 13″ Screen size or larger
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256Gb SSD
- Operating System: Windows 10 or macOS Big Sur (11.6)
- Wireless Compatibility: 802.11ac
- Battery Life: 6 to 8 hours minimum
- Antivirus Software required
Required Applications for BYOD:
The college supplies access to the Microsoft Office 365 suite and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, students from years 7-12 will have access via their student login for the duration they are enrolled.
Students can gain access to the software below by clicking on the links and signing in with their college B0 number. Example:B01234@redlands.qld.edu.au.
When purchasing a new/used iPad we recommend an iPad that has a minimum of 64GB of space and is Wi-Fi only (this ensures that web content will be filtered by the College).
The iPad will need to be able to run the latest version of iOS/iPadOS and any new releases of iOS/iPadOS that are released after the iPad is purchased.
Apple’s list of iPads that support the latest iOS version.
Families make their own decisions about where and how to purchase iPads.
Required iPad Apps
- Adobe Acrobat
- Apple Books
- iTunes U
- Google Sheets
- Google Docs
- Google Drive
- Take a Stand Together
Middle School Additional Apps
- Headphones: we recommend students use volume restricted, over-the-ear headphones.
- Extended warranty and a robust case: we recommend the purchase of an extended warranty e.g. Apple Care+.
- We strongly recommend a robust case to minimise potential damage, for example, the Griffin Survivor and the LifeProof cases are both highly effective.