Student Accident Insurance – Caring for our students anywhere, anytime
Redlands College provides student accident insurance for all students, free of charge. A copy of the policy brochure, claim form and medical attendant’s statement may be obtained from public or student reception or downloaded below.
Should an accident occur, how do I make a claim?
- Collect an insurance claim form from public reception, student reception or the Redlands College website
- Have the treating doctor complete the Medical Practitioner’s Statement
- Complete the School Student Accident Claim Form
- Return all forms and supporting documents back to Redlands College for forwarding on to the insurance company
Insurance Claim Procedures
Before returning the claim form with the attachments, please note:
- All invoices must be presented to Medicare and /or your Private Health Fund insurer where applicable before you present the invoices to the Student Accident insurer.
- Whilst the GAP from your Private Health Fund insurance is claimable if your Private Health Insurer does not pay the invoices or part thereof, you must provide a letter from them stating the reasons why.
- Legislation prevents insurers from paying claims for any Medicare GAP; in other words, any expense associated with a Medicare benefit is not covered.
- The policy only provides cover for costs incurred for a period of 12 months from the date of the accident/injury.
- Please keep a copy of all documents submitted.